Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Proclaimers

Collected BB a new customer living in Edinburgh this morning from Gatwick Airport Terminal. His one hour twenty minute flight became a seven hour journey home, but the net result a car from my stock that local Reg Vardy and other dealers thought would take him a year to find - a low mileage Renault Scenic Dynamique dCi 120 with Panoramic Sunroof, Centre Storage Console and Full Service History. Texted me about 8pm to say home and the family already love the car. (That model is a hell of a dynamic improvement over it's predecessor) All very rewarding. To coin the title of the blog, driving to Gatwick to pick up a customer going the extra (thousand miles, get it?) isn't work but a pleasure. Especially on a lovely sunny Saturday morning, with little traffic, driving a car with a great stereo and some great tunes. BTW, I have found another one and it's coming in next week...

Really just blogging this evening while coming up for air. It's been a hell of a busy week for sales. I've also agreed terms on a new office and working on a refurbishment to come 'in budget'. I need ambience to work in!

On Friday I sold my BMW M3 to CV from East Sussex. It was the one with the CSL model carbon fibre front bumper and enhanced air filter etc. It looked truly immaculate after Tristan had SupaGarded it and treated the leather etc. CV wants to remap it now, about £500 buys another 30 bhp taking it close to 400 bhp, having driven it with 350+ I can't see it really needs it! As with all customers I like to send them off with a take care message. It must have fallen on deaf ears as it was only the traction control that prevented two long black lines up the road. "Erhhm." I know it's a boy thing but don't M3's sound awesome on full chad....

Bought some lovely rare and sought after stock during the week so will kick off again Monday updating the site with new photos and details - looking good for February.