Monday, January 01, 2007

Back To The Future

Happy New Year!

Thought I would resolve to do something I could actually achieve. That is to streamline my Internet activity to a couple of weblogs and a website. Earlier I began to make a list of the weblogs and websites that I regularly update and it was a struggle to remember all the usernames and passwords. If ever there was evidence of Attention Deficit Disorder this proliferation of weblogs is it. Also, why do we all persist in trying to outwit an unknown and highly unlikely hacker to our web activity with ever more complicated passwords? Anyway, the upshot is that I am going to use this weblog and link to some of my other and older publications which until now have been living in my favourites list. I would apologise in advance as my language may slip a bit the more underground or infuriating the subject I was commenting on in past text.

It's surprising how many people have either told me or I have realised from things they have said that they used to read my allvehicles weblog and have encouraged me to continue with a new one. However, I would as an alternative recommend buying a Bill Bryson book if you want to be amused and entertained!

I've also started jogging again. Despite that getting back into this kills you for the first few weeks until you begin to run so far as the endorphins begin to ease the pain, I have been forced by the fact that I can no longer fit into large (L) shirts and need an XL to hide the tum (just like all the blokes on Trinny & Suzanna!). I have definitely added a size, in complete contrast to those hoardings you see outside Health Clubs in the run-up to Christmas that encourage you to 'Drop A Size for the New Year'. In the past I've managed to lose a couple of inches around the waist and generally improve my well being along the way so it can only be a good thing. Living 400 yards from the seafront makes for an enjoyable run in fresh air. Of course going out jogging (for the second time in a few days) around New Years Day flies in the face of my almost pathological dislike of anything 'predictable' or 'conformist'. I could only imagine a few fingers pointed at "That bloke has started running again as a New Years Resolution" Paranoia? Probably as well!

Good start to 2007 work-wise as today offered an ultra low mileage Clio Trophy and a Subaru Impreza STi Prodrive by someone who may be emigrating to the USA. There's a trend there. I recently bought three low mileage cars from another migrant to the States. Will be confirming a purchase during the coming week.